Notification tags can be used to constrain email and sms notification recipient lists for specific events to only those with specific tags.
Notification tags can be created and managed by navigating to Notifications > Tags. Notification tags are added in key/value pairs which are then presented in a grouped fashion when creating or managing events.
- Deleting tags will remove them from all events, templates, email addresses and phone numbers in which they are included.
- Editing tags will also modify the tags on all events, templates, email addresses and phone numbers in which they are included.
- Tags can share the same name, with different values. Tags with the same name will be grouped together when choosing to add them to events, email addresses and phone numbers.
Tagging Email Addresses and Phone Numbers
Once notification tags have been created, they can be assigned to subscribed email addresses and phone numbers by navigating to:
- Notifications > Email > Email Addresses > Tags Link
- Notifications > SMS > Phone Numbers > Tags Link
Email addresses and phone numbers can be configured with as many notification tags as desired.
Usage in Events
Once an email address or phone number has been tagged, if an event is created or updated (with notification tags selected) where that email address or phone number is scheduled to receive a notification, it will only receive the notification if it has one or more notification tags that match the notification tags on the event.